@Stan-Cox Thank you so much for writing this piece, Stan!
Posts made by ezra.silk
RE: The wartime name and imagery is super gross.
Yes, that’s precisely right. We do believe that:
- It will require governmental leadership
- Believe it will require wide participation – a national unity government and broad support from a supermajority of the population
- Bernie’s people & McKibben backed us up – but it was Russell Greene, Tom Weis, David Braun, me, Margaret, and someone else who were the core people involved in getting it through the platform committee
- We do see patriotism as a very important part of the campaign, and by no means inherently imperialist or colonialist – there are powerful examples of anti-war, anti-imperial, and anti-racist patriotism in U.S. history (look at civil rights movement photos, they are waving American flags)
- Yes, time table is very short
RE: Mobilization should acknowledge international scope, not just American scene
Thanks so much for the great feedback and apologies for the belated response.
Yes - we plan to produce an executive summary for the final version.
I think you are right that the piece is too “America First.” If you could point out to me all the places that seem inaccurate or rub you the wrong way as a Canadian I would very much appreciate it.
We are working on an international section, as well. That should be ready in the near future.